Farmer Carl is on his farm. Carl is working. Does Martha help him?
Ladybird Readers is a graded reading series of traditional tales, popular characters, modern stories, and non-fiction, written for young learners of English as a foreign or second language. Recommended for children aged 4+, the five levels of Readers and Activity Books follow the CEFR framework (Pre-A1 to A2) and include language activities that help develop key skills and provide preparation for the Cambridge English: Young Learners (YLE) Starters, Movers and Flyers exams.
This Starter B Reader is ideal for children who are beginning to learn English for the first time. It introduces more complex letter combinations and their sounds, and encourages children to begin blending simple words and reading short sentences. It is Pre-A1 in the CEFR framework.
Age4 - 5
Key StageEarly Years
1. Farmer Carl Reader Picture Words (US) LADYBIRD READERS
2. Farmer Carl Reader Story (US) LADYBIRD READERS
3. Farmer Carl Activity 1, Page 2 (US) LADYBIRD READERS
4. Farmer Carl Activity 2, Page 3 (US) LADYBIRD READERS
5. Farmer Carl Activity 5, Page 6 (US) LADYBIRD READERS
6. Farmer Carl Activity 14, Page 15 (US) LADYBIRD READERS
7. Farmer Carl Activity 15, Page 16 (US) LADYBIRD READERS